Baby It's You

Emily and Jack had been in love since they were teenagers. They had grown up together, gone to school together, and shared all their hopes and dreams with each other.

After they graduated high school, Emily went off to college while Jack stayed in their hometown to work. They promised to stay in touch, but as time went by, their letters became fewer and farther between.

One day, Emily received a letter from Jack. It was a surprise, as she hadn't heard from him in months. She tore open the envelope and read the words inside.

"Dear Emily," it began. "I hope this letter finds you well. I just wanted to write to say how much I miss you. Every day, I think about the times we shared, the laughter we had, and the love we felt for each other."

Emily's heart swelled as she read the words. She had missed Jack too, but she didn't know how to say it.

"Life has been busy here," the letter continued. "Work is tiring, and sometimes it feels like there's no end in sight. But whenever I feel down, I think about you and the memories we made. You were always there for me, through thick and thin, and I want you to know how much that means to me."

Tears filled Emily's eyes as she read on. She realized that she had never stopped loving Jack, even when they were apart.

"I know we're not in the same place anymore, and we have our own lives to live," the letter concluded. "But I just wanted to say that I love you, Emily. I always have, and I always will."

Emily felt a rush of emotion as she read those words. She knew that she loved Jack too, and she didn't want to waste any more time being apart from him.

She wrote back immediately, pouring her heart out on the page. "I love you too, Jack," she wrote. "I always have, and I always will. Let's make a plan to see each other soon, okay?"

And with those words, Emily knew that their love was stronger than ever. No matter where life took them, they would always have each other's love, and the memories they shared.

Popular posts from this blog

Misery

Do You Want to Know a Secret

I Saw Her Standing There